Most organizations neglect the forward thinking of their Brand and it’s Means and Meaning in the consumer and corporate world. The majority of organizations generally breathe a sigh of relief when the Brand has been determined – “there that’s done” is generally the attitude – nothing could be further from the truth.
Do you really think that some of the world’s most successful brands that have appealed to consumers for so long – not to mention generate a consistent and ever growing revenue stream, grew due to neglect? Nobody could be that naive, could they??
- Successful brand maintenance has become a survival factor for businesses.
- To develop, shape, promote and maintain a brand is a never-ending task.
- Developing a successful brand means being uncompromising and always alert.
Companies and their brands are a unit. Over the period of determined time the brand and all that it touches must be reviewed to ensure its relevance and that it is relating to the desired target audience(s).
- Market review – New competitors in your arena?
- Service offering review – New services or discontinuing services
- Target audience – Get it right, have they changed
- Turn the ship – Set a specific course
- Define your position – Ensure you’re relevant
- Discover your POD – Check it – make sure it communicates
- Graphic Identity – Updating is important
- Get the word out – Let the world know – change is good?
- Stand for something – Be bold, own something
- Keep on Target – Make sure you keep your message clean and to the point.?
Again – this is generally an exercise that happens in a time of crisis and always revolves around loss of revenues or a declining customer base. A total review and rebrand will cost big money to create and then introduce plus support – not to mention that the consumer base may reject the message. Rather than consistent review and care over a prescribed period of time.
In the scope of brand maintenance leadership, there must be an adequate orientation on the corporate strategy, corporate objectives plus corporate values to provide for a consistent appearance. In order for brand leadership to develop steadily and revenues to maintain their growth, consistent attention is required.
Brands are the ‘crown jewels’ of a business.