Having come to my own conclusions about how Mike Rowe, the Dirty Jobs guy rose to succeed, I might be remiss in not also pointing out he has his own secrets to success. Titled “Seven Dirty Habits of Highly Effluent People”, they are:
- Never follow your passion, but by all means bring it with you.
- Beware of teamwork.
- Vomit proudly and whenever necessary.
- Be careful, but don’t be fooled–safety is never first.
- Think about what you are doing–never how.
- Ignore advice such as “Work smart, not hard.” It’s dangerous–and moronic.
- Consider quitting.
Experience suggests that there’s more truth here than first meets the eye!