Nothing like a ‘going out of business’ post to drive blog traffic.
Here’s what I’m learning about Twitter:
– it’s not about posting every detail of my life (honestly, do you care?)
– it is about conversation
– the conversation isn’t obvious the first time you look at/try Twitter
– Twitter is a great way to share interests
– it’s way simpler than Facebook
– make some juicy tweets (links, sharing, pics, insight) and you’ll attract some inspiring followers
– connect to some interesting people (directories, see who others are following) and you’ll learn some interesting stuff
– post a pic from my lousy BB Curve and get 10x the traffic I do with some photoshopped masterpiece on Flickr
– twitter_tips rocks!
– Whistler is on Twitter – conditions are great
– Air Canada is squatting on Twitter – isn’t Twitter the perfect tool for airline updates?!
– the TTC isn’t on Twitter but their followers are
– Global TV and a bunch of other media (newspapers, etc) Twitter all the time
– Queen’s U is on Twitter – so cool that they get it
– this wine retailer is the king of Twitter marketing
– and Toronto’s mayor…is amazing on Twitter
I’m still taking a break!