Jim Crocker – Chair of Boardroom Metrics
Karen McElroy – CEO Boardroom Metrics
Doug Fisher – Accomplished Executive, Executive Coach
Summary: IT, Millennials and Professional branding. Karen worries that the midway is falling behind the times.
– Doug on translating experience into podcasts and blogs
– Karen on professional branding and the need to ‘narrow, not widen the net’
– Jim on developing a new website and bridging two audiences
– The Mailbox – A CEO wonders how to evaluate her IT
– Article of the week: Doug’s blog on hiring Millennials
– Boardroom Banter – storied resumes, a culture book and Blackberry falls
Freelance or indie consultant? Corporate client? Boardroom Metrics CEO Karen McElroy chats with founder Jim Crocker about their focus on consultant marketing and some key learning from the past seven years.
Corporate governance. Jim talks with Mark Orlan, Executive Director Information Technology and Services at Schulich School of Business, York University in Toronto. Mark recently re-posted an article titled your ‘Next Board Member Should Be a Geek’ from Strategy and Business Magazine. It’s a topic that’s near and dear to Jim’s heart. www.strategy-business.com/article/Your…ek?gko=7758e