My business writing/editing consulting practice centres on proposal documentation development, B2B and corporate communications, and media advisory services. I help clients identify the strengths of their organization and sell their vision.
I’m a Subject Matter Expert in proposal writing/editing with a demonstrated ability to distill highly complex and technical material from a wide range of industries into persuasive, winning bids.
As a writer, I’ve worked independently, authoring proposals from kickoff to submission; I’ve also participated as lead writer in multi-company bid teams of 50-plus technical SMEs, writers and editors, and C-suite executives.
As an editor, I’ve guided sales/bizdev and technical SMEs through the mechanics of authoring their own winning bid responses.
I’ve coordinated documentation reviews (pink team, red team, etc.) and final approvals for single-volume and multi-volume submissions.
I have training in Shipley proposal-writing methods, experience in Canadian and U.S. military/aerospace proposal development, “Controlled Goods” Canadian security clearance valid to 2020, and experience in documentation management involving International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) export restrictions.
Hire me to:
- Increase the bench strength of your in-house bid team for “big deal” opportunities
- Lead small to mid-size proposal documentation development
- Write or edit white papers, executive summaries, multi-volume RFP/RFQ bid responses
- Edit/copyedit/proofread draft proposals
- Participate as a pink/red/gold team reviewer focused on documentation completeness, accuracy and win themes
I’m a highly experienced business writer/editor, able to execute projects from concept to completion.
Hire me for a range of proven competencies:
- B2B trade show one-pagers, brochures
- Employee-facing Intranet, blog content
- Company and customer (B2B) websites
- Executive speeches, company annual reports, news releases
- Product brochures and capability guides
- Stylesheet creation and copyediting for brand consistency
- Coaching technical SMEs to recognize aspects of their work that could be told as case studies, performance examples and other “good news” communications
- Editorial and art direction, photo-editing
I’ve worked in print and digital journalism for almost twenty-five years, starting as a reporter on a nationally-syndicated sci/tech beat for newspapers of Canada’s largest chain, Postmedia. Today, I’m a freelance feature writer and photographer, and recipient of 28 awards, nominations and fellowships for journalism and editorial photography.
Since I understand what reporters look for in a story, I can help your organization capitalize on opportunities for positive media coverage.
Hire me to:
- Identify compelling storylines within your company
- Identify and reach out to select media outlets and reporters
- Produce media communications, e.g. story pitches, news releases and advisories, talking points, official statements
- Advise on when and when not to seek coverage
- Provide strategic advice on communicating positive news
- Strategize an effective response to negative press (crisis communications)
Sarah Staples, fluent in English, French and Spanish is available for short term projects and interim assignments across North America and Europe.
Please contact Boardroom Metrics: 1.416.994.6552 or by email: [email protected]