Director, Marketing and Communications
TORONTO: Full-time Director of Marketing and Communications. High profile NFP. Seeking a strategic marketer, with hands-on communications experience. Expertise in elevating brand awareness; products and services marketing. Lead/collaborate with a marketing and communications team of 6. Consumer packaged goods training and health care experience are assets. May be the ideal position for someone seeking re-entry into structured marketing organization or advancement to leadership level.
- Inspire and motivate team of marketing & communications professionals to create strategic and annual business plans that support the achievement of the organizations goals and objectives
- Optimize department structure and enhance competencies by developing individual and team skills that drive performance and succession planning
- Manage outside agency relationships, schedules and program deliverables as an extension of the MarCom team.
- Utilize innovative concepts to achieve marketing & communication targets.
- Design and execute meaningful market research to increase program and product success, inform content and guide media selection
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and tracking methodology to evaluate campaign effectiveness and course correct as required.
- Ensure effective cross-functional collaboration with all programs and departments to proactively plan marketing and communication initiatives.
- Steward and strengthen all organizational branding including the primary brand, sub-brands, signage, visual identity, etc
Marketing Strategy and Execution:
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives (traditional and digital) to drive demand for our programs & services
- Act as the ‘Brand Steward’ by ensuring adherence to the brand essence, standards, vision and mission
- Incorporate marketing and industry best practices into daily operations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of advertising campaigns (including media buying, and the production, design, photos, editing of all advertising materials, monitoring and final reports)
- Measure all marketing campaigns against goals (ROI and KPIs) and optimize future initiatives
- Fully leverage digital vehicles such as website, e-store, digital advertising, SEM / SEO, database marketing, etc.
- Manage all trade show and community outreach events, including brand identity, scheduling, resource allocation, displays and collateral to positively impact all attendees and drive sales.
- Plan and execute special events that contribute to CHS’ goals and objectives.
Communications Strategy & Execution
- Develop and implement strategic internal and external communication plans, including proactive media relations, social media, event planning
- Create and maintain a corporate communications calendar to manage all external and internal communications, ensuring timing and content are aligned with community and internal themes / events.
- Act as a key spokesperson by developing and leading media relations initiatives which draw local, regional and national attention
- Build engagement with external community members, potential clients and employees to influence, motivate and inspire positive engagement in support of key organizational strategic goals.
- Create meaningful content and utilize all appropriate communications vehicles (including social media) to deliver relevant messages to target audiences.
- Design and create the Annual Report and support fundraising and advocacy efforts as required
- Identify trends, issues and opportunities that may impact our reputation and develop plans to mitigate risk or maximize the opportunity.
- Develop and manage the Marketing / Communications budget, including monthly financial reviews.
- Provide regular formal and informal feedback to Marcom tean to develop, train and achieve appropriate levels
- A university Degree or College Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or the equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing / communications, including progressive management and leadership roles
- Proven success building and leading teams
- Demonstrated success developing and managing integrated and impactful marketing and communications strategies and plans
- Knowledge, skill and experience in the use of a wide range of communications tactics from media relations to social media
- Demonstrated experience in research and evaluation methodologies to ensure effective marketing and communications
- Outstanding writing, editing and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting, collaborate effectively and manage competing priorities and timelines
- Experience in healthcare, not-for-profit and/or non-governmental settings is an asset
We look forward to hearing from you!
Send your Resume and/or LinkedIn profile URL – with “Director, Marketing Communications” in the Subject line to: Karen McElroy, [email protected]