There are several common reasons companies hire interim managers:
- They require rapid access to expertise not currently in the company.
- They must to fill an important gap that arises due to sick leave, maternity leave, stress leave, or some other temporary factor.
- They don’t have the capacity to handle a major initiative or opportunity.
- They are uncertain about an initiative or opportunity and want to proceed carefully before committing FTE’s to it.
- They want to determine whether a potential hire is the right fit before making that person a full employee of the company.